Merit Ontario Vision
To represent and support the growth of open shop construction by encouraging sound business practices and ensuring a fair and competitive marketplace for construction in Ontario.
Our Core Purposes
- Advocate and support sound legislation and regulation which is fair to both open shop employers and their employees.
- Provide human resources services and programs that meet the needs of open shop companies and contribute to the well-being of their employees and their families.
- Provide education and support for our members to encourage sound business practices and keep them informed on open shop issues.
- Promote construction industry jobs as attractive career options and support the development of a safe, stable, and appropriately skilled construction industry workforce.
- Promote workplace harmony, where open and closed firms collaborate and work as partners.
- Safety As Our Top Priority
- Transparency, Integrity and Professionalism In All We Do
- Equitable Treatment for all Employees
- Open and Fair Working Conditions
- Entrenched Employee Rights